To help raise awareness about epilepsy within schools, we have developed resources for teachers. Our complete downloadable lesson plan includes activities and supporting notes about epilepsy.
The lesson plan below is written specifically for KS2 (Years 3 to 4 – ages 7–9).
More lesson plans will follow shortly for KS2 (Years 5-6 – ages 10–11) and KS3 (Years 7 to 8 – ages 11–13).
KS2 schools awareness lesson plan
This is a complete lesson for teachers to give to children at KS2 (Years 3–4). Items can be selected to suit the capabilities of the class and the length of the lesson.
- Lesson plan (PDF, 534kb)
- Facts for teachers (PDF, 603kb)
- Teachers’ slides (Powerpoint, 354kb)
- Eddie and Sarah – story (PDF, 539kb)
- Eddie and Sarah – storyboard (PDF, 509kb)
- Wordsearch (PDF, 535kb)
- Epilepsy quiz (PDF, 644kb)
- Epilepsy quiz answers (PDF, 101kb)
100 per cent of participating schools say they would recommend our programmes to others.
Epilepsy Society evaluation
switchboard 01494 601 300